[WBEL-users] Install and Remove Applications

Jesus Aneiros Sosa aneiros@finf.ucf.edu.cu
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 06:19:41 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 Bill_Wimmer@dom.com wrote:

> I am having a problem with WHEL R1 and R2.  Under both operating systems,
> if I try to install an additional application using the graphical install
> the process ends on an error "There was an error, program terminating".  It
> appears to happen when the system goes to access the CD for the first
> package.  The system never prompts for the CD.  This has happened on most
> of the 18 computers that I have running WHEL.

I got a similar problem two days ago. I was trying to install the KDE
devel and the Gnome devel packages and the same window with a short
message appeared. I was in a hurry at that time and simply went back to
rpm line command but now that I recall the problem I wonder if could be
some conflict due to automount facility?

Regards, Jesus.

--
Jesus Aneiros Sosa
GNU/Linux User #190716

--
Este mensaje ha sido analizado por el servicio de antivirus
de la UCf, mediante MailScanner y  F-prot en busca de virus