[WBEL-users] 3com 3c2000 NIC driver compile help:

Rafael Baquero S. rbaqueros@yahoo.com.mx
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:40:19 -0500

I am not familiar with the 3com 3c2000 nic but the following steps should
work:

i) Copy the driver 3c2000.o to /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.EL/kernel/drivers/net
ii) Add the line
      alias eth0 3c2000
  to your /etc/modules.conf file.

When the system reboots your nic should be detected.

The fact that this driver is present in suse 9.1 but not in wbel is because
not all of the drivers are compiled in rhel, only the supported hardware is
compiled. You will have to get the unsupported drivers rpm (I am not sure
where you can find it) or compile the drivers from source.

Regards.

Rafael.