[WBEL-users] wbel and lsi megaraid issue.

Lamar Owen lowen@pari.edu
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:52:16 -0400

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 14:58, nikhil kulkarni wrote:
> I just downloaded WBEL and when I tried to install it
> on a brand new dual Xeon server with an LSI Megaraid
> Ultra 320 SCSI Controller, it complains that it could
> not find any hard disks, i.e it could not load the
> megaraid drivers. Has anyone else experienced this
> issue? Maybe I did not download the correct iso file??

I am running a WBEL installation on a Dell PowerEdge 1750, which uses the
Megaraid driver for its 'PERC' system.  Have you set up the logical drives
properly in the LSI setup? (Please see your documentation on information on
how to do that, as I just did the Dell one, not the generic one).

Once set up, WBEL's install just sees a single drive, and the RAID is done in
hardware.  But you have to set up the logical drives on the RAID hardware
first.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology