[WBEL-users] wbel and lsi megaraid issue.

bishop bishop@platypus.bc.ca
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:19:38 -0700

Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 14:58, nikhil kulkarni wrote:
>
>>I just downloaded WBEL and when I tried to install it
>>on a brand new dual Xeon server with an LSI Megaraid
>>Ultra 320 SCSI Controller, it complains that it could
>>not find any hard disks, i.e it could not load the
>>megaraid drivers. Has anyone else experienced this
>>issue? Maybe I did not download the correct iso file??
>
> I am running a WBEL installation on a Dell PowerEdge 1750, which uses the
> Megaraid driver for its 'PERC' system.  Have you set up the logical drives
> properly in the LSI setup? (Please see your documentation on information on
> how to do that, as I just did the Dell one, not the generic one).
>
> Once set up, WBEL's install just sees a single drive, and the RAID is done in
> hardware.  But you have to set up the logical drives on the RAID hardware
> first.

Okay, I just dealt with a Dell 1750 and its PERC drivers at work.

The newer versions of the card have new branding IDs in them, and may
not be picked up by the existing drivers.  I think an 'lspci -n' will
tell us what vender/product ID is there, and let's compare Nikhil's and
what the driver sees.  Would that work as a plan?  really, it's the same
driver, just that we may need to get this driver to see THIS megaraid
like it sees the old ones.  That was the case for work (unix though;
not linux).

  - bish

--
	"What do you call the smaller ones;