[WBEL-users] Oracle 10G, updated kernel, memory problems

Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:05:27 +0000

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 14:55 +0300, Jouko Ylikulju wrote:
> I just subscriped to list, so sorry if this is FAQ. (Don't find answers
> from list archives)
>
> First I tried to install Oracle 10G in WBEL3 (with updated kernel,
> kernel-smp-2.4.21-20.EL.i686) but installer never show up.
> Next day I installed wbel again, but without any updates, and
> installation works out of the box.
> Then I update kernel again to kernel-smp-2.4.21-20.EL.i686, but after
> that Enterprise manager doesn't start.
> So, now I am back in original kernel, and this is OK for me, but
> wondering....

Did you do the install via this site:
http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml

If not, I recommend it.  I have installed Oracle 9i and 10g via Werner
Puschitz's site and have not had any problems with either.

Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>