[WBEL-users] Google Alert - 'beau.org/pipermail/whitebox-users'

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:28:42 -0400 (EDT)

Thomas Knoop said:
> Hi William,
>

> On Friday, October 29, 2004 2:40 PM, William Warren wrote:
>

>> this is the nature of public e-mail lists.  Hence why you should use a
>> address that is either highly filtered or a "throw-away" address.
>
> The nature of a public e-mail list is that the e-mail addresses are
> published on the Internet ?

Why would a spammer bother scraping the HTML when it would be so much
easier to just sign up for the list and get the addresses that way?

I personally don't see it as an issue.  If you want to communicate on an
e-mail list you have to at some point expose your e-mail address.

--
William Hooper