[WBEL-users] Most annoying problem ever!

bishop bishop@platypus.bc.ca
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:35:23 -0700

Ray wrote:

> I can't Cut, Copy or Paste!
> They are greyed out.
> I'm trying to post a message in a forum and I need to copy
> the error message I'm getting (very long) and also some
> other info.
> I can right click and 'Copy' the message but it won't 'Paste'
> into the message txt box on the web page, it's greyed out.
> 'Klipper' is active and says the info is in the clipboard.
> I can do this locally on my machine, but not an web forums.

Hmm.  How odd.

I just rebooted the machine beside me into stock WBEL, and after I
logged into that odd 'X' thingy I was able to paste a URL from a term
window into Mozilla, into email, into a forum (http://starsonata.com,
the SNL of MMOGs) or into a blogger blog.

But hey, I was just using the little bit of X that I learned in between
attempts to avoid X, so I may have been doing it wrong or a way that
you're not.  My method involved the paste button on my mouse, something
I used to use a lot in the Sun days (which was never on a Sunday).  Is
the Paste button on your mouse working?  Never right-clicked in X, myself.

> This is so annoying that if I can't find a fix I will change
> distro's.

Now, this kinda talk just turns people off.  I mean, what's the
possessive adjective modifying?

You know, if that's what you're suggesting then maybe switching to a
paid distro would be a good idea.  You sound terribly stressed at this
latest problem that you're willing to up and switch distros.  Some folks
really dig the support that the paid-for stuff has, and you may find it
just what you need as well.

Switch to SuSE and please, do send daily updates as to your experience;
I'm looking for a fresh perspective on that non-free distro.

> Just think about it, if all of a sudden you couldnm't Copy, Cut
> and then Paste, you would have to write out everything.

Don't fear the colon.  (sorry BOC)

> Please help, I'm about to shoot my PC.

Here, let us help you first:  I can load a shotgun with the rest of
them, and I really gotta see this.

  - bish