[WBEL-users] Google Alert - "beau.org/pipermail/whitebox-users"

Thomas Knoop th.knoop@b-c-s.nl
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:24:40 +0200

Hi,

On Friday, October 29, 2004 8:47 PM, Grant Mills wrote:

> I believe that Thomas is referring to archive viewing via the web,
> because Thomas refers to html generation.  I've seen on lots of
> websites the "obfuscation" of e-mail addresses as described.  This, I
> believe, is mostly to prevent harvesters from gathering addresses
> from the archive.
>
> We don't worry on the actual lists because Spammers don't subscribe.
>
> I'm only guessing so please keep criticism constructive.

<to grant>
You guess is right!
</to grant>

<to all>
Just look at my subject, all e-mail addresses on this list are googled and
exposed to the world as we speak.

It *is* common to mungle the e-mailadress if the archive is published on an
open website.
</to all>

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth...

Regards,