[WBEL-users] OffTopic question

Dean Owensby owensby@access4less.net
Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:06:22 -0400

I had two drives, one for freebsd, one for suse. i was playing with the bsd
kernel, attempting to load snd_ich, and it died. big time. boot floppy wilderness.
Still no boot up, big red compag screen frozen, etc. i was dual-booting from a
SuSE lilo setup, but it went right back to the OMFG red compaq screen.
this is on a compaq s5000.
default restore of BIOS setting of both hd's was successful, with no luck.same
heartache.
alphabetically, wbel3 was the last set of cd's i tried to coax into recognizing
my harddrives.
voila, monami!
i would sincerely appreciate it if someone could tell me just what i broke, and
what this magnificent OS just fixed for me.
oh: not to bloat you up too badly, i just went ahead and did a dialup (44KB)
up2date, rpm'd 287 packages, and now have a very nice system running the "Full
Monte" Everything version.
Thanks! You Rock!
0.
--