[WBEL-users] Upgrading X in wbel 3

Rasmus Back Rasmus Back <rasmus.back@gmail.com>
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:02:13 +0300

My problem is that the radeon 9600 mobility in my laptop won't work
with the radeon driver in XFree 4.3, the whole machine freezes when
starting X. I can't even ssh in anymore. In fc2 with x.org 6.7
everything works fine. The vesa driver works, but is really slow.

Has anybody sucesfully upgraded X in wbel 3? Last time I tried
upgrading from source a number of applications broke because they put
stuff in /usr/x11R6/lib and /usr/x11R6/share (emacs comes to mind). Or
are there rpms of x.org for wb already available somewhere?

Rasmus