[WBEL-users] I see that RHEL 3.0u3 is released - when can Whitebox respin 2 beexpected?

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:38:08 +0200

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 21:13, Robert wrote:
> When installing WBEL x86_64 Respin 1 on my dual Opteron box, I noticed that
> if I went to an Alt-F2 console during the install and did uname -a, it told
> me I was running an SMP kernel. Is that by design or is it an oops? Seems
> to make it extra tricky to come up with drivers that will work during the
> install. But I don't have the corresponding RH version to see if they did
> the same thing. Just curious.

The installer detected you have 2 Opterons. You can't use both CPU's unless
you run an SMP kernel...
wrt drivers : the SMP kernel comes with the same modules as the default
kernel, so if it's in WBEL, there are SMP-compatible drivers.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net