[WBEL-users] I see that RHEL 3.0u3 is released - when can Whitebox respin 2 beexpected?

Raimo Koski rk@raimokoski.com
Thu, 09 Sep 2004 00:24:01 +0300

Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 September 2004 21:13, Robert wrote:
>
>>When installing WBEL x86_64 Respin 1 on my dual Opteron box, I noticed that
>>if I went to an Alt-F2 console during the install and did uname -a, it told
>>me I was running an SMP kernel. Is that by design or is it an oops? Seems
>>to make it extra tricky to come up with drivers that will work during the
>>install. But I don't have the corresponding RH version to see if they did
>>the same thing. Just curious.
>

> The installer detected you have 2 Opterons. You can't use both CPU's unless
> you run an SMP kernel...

The installer doesn't load the kernel, isolinux does. When I built
x86_86 Lineox, I think I saw that the kernel inserted to installation
environment was from ia32e.rpm. If it is some other, John must have
edited the scripts that build the installation environment and I see no
reason for that.

--
Raimo Koski  http://www.lineox.com/  http://www.raimokoski.com/