[WBEL-users] yum install freeswan problem..

bishop bishop@platypus.bc.ca
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:18:50 -0700

Pablo,

No, 'policy' is part of the command:

> [root@fishy /]# apt-cache policy emacs
> emacs:
>   Installed: 21.3-4
>   Candidate: 21.3-4
>   Version Table:
>  *** 21.3-4 0
>         500 ftp://fishy whitebox/3.0/os pkglist
>         100 RPM Database

Like I said, we need to find the equivalent of 'apt-get policy' in
yum-language, and it should tell us more about what versions of the
kernel and of the freeswan package are available.

Johnny has gone further, though, so that stuff up there isn't necessary.

>> (johnny)
>> The following note is on Dag's site in the freeswan
>> area:
>>
>> Beware: Package kernel-module-freeswan has been
>> obsoleted by package
>> kernel-module-openswan
>>
>> I don't know what either of these programs really
>> do, I don't use them.
>> I do see that kernel-modules-opeswan is available
>> for the 15.0.3.EL
>> kernel.

>   When I use yum install kernel-module-opensawn,
> I get the same error...., perhaps it's a bug...
>
> [root@moises root]# yum install kernel-module-openswan
> Recogiendo·la·información·del·archivo(s)·de·cabecera·del·servidor(es)
> Servidor:·White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0 - i386 - Base
> Servidor:·Dag RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux
> Servidor:·White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0 - i386 -
> Released Updates
> Encontrando·paquetes·actualizados
> Descargando·las·cabeceras·necesarias
> Resolviendo·dependencias
> .....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package kernel-module-openswan needs
> /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.21-15.EL, this is not available.
> [root@moises root]#
>
> Any hint?

I think we need to rebuild the openswan kernel module for 2.4.21-15.0.4.
  I'll bet one missing part of the DAR system is that it doesn't know to
build new kernel-module-foo when there's a new kernel available.  That's
okay, as it's a hard problem to solve, and it just means we need to (get
him to) rebuild them.

Hmm, let me see if my chrooted environment will build them.  It's not
always perfect, but I can't boot any other machines to wb right now.
I'll get a copy of the module SRPM too, massage them to build outside of
DAR, and see if it will build an openswan for 2.4.21-15.0.4.

  - bish