[WBEL-users] Connecting to my network card

Dana Chandler Dana Chandler <dchand3@gmail.com>
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:32:10 -0400

Hi,

I have a problem which seems strange to me.  I have not had this
problem in the past for any version of linux I have had in the past.
I have a 3Comm network card whidh uses the 3c509 driver.  The system
recognizes which driver it needs, but whenever I try to connect to it,
it does not find the card.  When I try to install the module it tells
me that the module cannot be found.

The driver does not seem to be compiled?? I have the 3c509.c file but
what I need is a makefile so I can compile the source.  Does anyone
know where I can find either the .o file or a makefile?

I have a Dell Dimension P3 600. and the card is a 3Com EtherLink III
series card..

Thanks,
--
Dana C. Chandler III