[WBEL-users] Whitebox Linux Security Update

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:15:06 -0500

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 08:45, Klaus list wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just realized that the last secuity Update that was made for Whitebox
> linux was:
>
> Ethereal Update from 2004-08-05
>
> Are there any new plans for updates?
> Any plans how fast a whiteboxlinux-update should be made after redhat
> released it?
>
> I am sure I am not the only person that have this problem. Please let me
> know how some of you do the updates. What would you recommend?
>
> -) Wait for the whiteboxlinux-update?
I would do this unless you just have to have the updates right now.
> -) Compile the redhat srpm by ourself?
You can do this, and it is not that hard...but there are differences in
some packages.
> -) Download RPMS from centos? (Is it possible to use their update RPMS for
> whitebox linux?)
You could do this ... but for some items, there will be differences
(like the rpm-comps centos-release vs. whitebox-release, and anything
that has WB (or centos) in the name.
> -) Any other possibilities?
>
> Thanks for your answeres allready,
>
> Klaus