[WBEL-users] Preparing Security Updates

Klaus list lgbs@gmx.at
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:15:24 +0200 (MEST)

> Klaus list wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > About using other RH's clones RPMS I have a question:
> >
> > Is it possible to upgrade with these RPMS with for example yum. Or do I
> have
> > to download and install the RPMS by hand?
>
> Lineox supports yum and apt-get, Tao only yum and I believe CentOS too.
> Lineox doesn't have yum support for x86_64 yet, but will soon. The
> reason Lineox prefers apt-get is graphical front end, synaptic.

Thanks for the info.

> > Does anyone have a config file?
>
> Look at the distro sites. Tao has yum-conf rpm if you don't find the
> info on web pages.

Thats what I did:

Deinstall yum-package from whitebox linux (necessary?). Install yum,
tao-yum-config RPMS und import the tao PGP key.

yum update

thats it. Everything looks pretty ok. Can I get trouble with this
configuration?

Klaus

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail