[WBEL-users] How Do I Set Up a Local Up2date Server?

Edward Rudd eddie@omegaware.com
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:18:57 -0500

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 16:19, George Salt wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've been running WBEL for a few weeks now.  I like
> it, and I'm planning to install it on a few more
> machines on my LAN.
>
> Is it possible to download all of the update rpms to
> one machine, and then use that machine as the up2date
> server for the other machines on my LAN?  If someone
> could point me to an existing HowTo doc, that would be
> great.
Setup a YUM repository on your machine and then set the up2date to use
the local yum repository. (up2date on WBEL is using YUM to get access to
the official WBEL mirrors)

Google some How-Tos on setting up a yum repo.
it has to do with putting all the RPMS in a directory and running
yum-arch.  (I personally use apt, and have repo-janitor automate the
generation of yum and apt "metadata" to use on my WBEL servers)