[WBEL-users] Preparing Security Updates

Milan Ker¹lįger milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 04:20:53 +0200

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 11:15:24AM +0200, Klaus list wrote:

> Thats what I did:
>
> Deinstall yum-package from whitebox linux (necessary?). Install yum,
> tao-yum-config RPMS und import the tao PGP key.
>
> yum update
>
> thats it. Everything looks pretty ok. Can I get trouble with this
> configuration?

As they uses the same sources you should have no problem with this.

But there are some minor differences you should take care of. For
example redhat-logos and tao-logos are different so you have to manually
remove and install.

Also the kernel has not kernel-unsupported subpackage in Tao.

There will be fixed bind package released in Tao too to not break
existing configurations (only %post and triggers in the package were
fixed by using fixed package from Bugzilla (Fedora core Devel)).

Morris could pick the same package too as there is no difference in code
of bind (no new patches or so).

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz