[WBEL-users] Re: WBEL 3.0 respin 2 availability....

Gary Mansell Gary.Mansell@ricardo.com
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:04:33 +0100

Fantastic news, John.

I look forward to burning some shiny new iso's and eradicating the SUSE
9.1 machines that I have had to add to my network due to WB SATA
problems. Back to only Whitebox machines again, yipee.

Best Wishes

Gary Mansell

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 23:09, John Morris wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Gary Mansell wrote:
>
> > Have you made a decision on releasing a respin 2 of WBEL 3.0? If so,
> > when will it be available?
>
> Yup, gotta get the SATA support fixed.  When is the question.
>
> Think I have worked around the full drive problem (have four 200GB drives,
> still waiting on a working RAID cage to house them in... grr) so expect
> packages to start dropping.  The ones that don't require WB mods should go
> up within 24 hours.  The rest will get out as quick as I can manage with
> the new httpd coming first since the current released package has
> problems.  Once all packages are out and have had a couple of days for
> brown paper bag events to show up, respinning will happen.  Same basic
> procedure as last respin, a post of a candidate will appear on BT and if
> it is good it will go to general release a few days later.
>
> One good side effect of the delay is that with luck the problems with
> panics being discussed over on the taroon list might get fixed in time for
> the respin over here.

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately
and delete this e-mail from your system.  Please note that any views or opinions
presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Ricardo (save for reports and other documentation formally
approved and signed for release to the intended recipient).  Only Directors
or Duly Authorised Officers are authorised to enter into legally binding
obligations on behalf of Ricardo unless the obligation is contained within
a Ricardo Purchase Order.

Ricardo may monitor outgoing and incoming e-mails and other telecommunications
on its e-mail and telecommunications systems.  By replying to this e-mail you
give consent to such monitoring.  The recipient should check this e-mail and
any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Ricardo accepts no liability for
any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.  "Ricardo" means
Ricardo plc and its subsidiary companies.

Ricardo plc is a public limited company registered in England with registered
number 00222915.
The registered office of Ricardo plc is Bridge Works, Shoreham-by Sea,
West Sussex, BN43 5FG.