[WBEL-users] Re: WBEL 3.0 respin 2 availability....

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:09:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Gary Mansell wrote:

> Have you made a decision on releasing a respin 2 of WBEL 3.0? If so,
> when will it be available?

Yup, gotta get the SATA support fixed.  When is the question.

Think I have worked around the full drive problem (have four 200GB drives,
still waiting on a working RAID cage to house them in... grr) so expect
packages to start dropping.  The ones that don't require WB mods should go
up within 24 hours.  The rest will get out as quick as I can manage with
the new httpd coming first since the current released package has
problems.  Once all packages are out and have had a couple of days for
brown paper bag events to show up, respinning will happen.  Same basic
procedure as last respin, a post of a candidate will appear on BT and if
it is good it will go to general release a few days later.

One good side effect of the delay is that with luck the problems with
panics being discussed over on the taroon list might get fixed in time for
the respin over here.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!