[WBEL-users] How Do I Set Up a Local Up2date Server?

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:27:59 -0500

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 11:07:49AM -0600, Greg Knaddison wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:21:08 -0500, Kirby C. Bohling
> <kbohling@birddog.com> wrote:
> >                 rsync -avr -P --delete $RSYNC_BASE/$ver/en/$subdir/.  /mirrors/whitebox/$ver/en/$subdir/.
>
> Would there be any benefit in using the -z flag in rsync?  Or are RPMs
> already sufficiently compressed that it provides no benefit?

I believe the RPM's are already just compressed cpio files with a
header.  They also unpack all of the files to get an accurate space
estimate while building the ISO's, so my guess is compressed.

Plus I'm also never sure what 'nettiqute says I should do there.
Some people don't like that, because it uses up a lot of CPU power.
However, over CVS that appears to be the norm.

Thanks,
	Kirby