[WBEL-users] How Do I Set Up a Local Up2date Server?

Greg Knaddison Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison@gmail.com>
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:48:34 -0600

So...I tried the set of scripts/actions you recommended and things
seem to work well.  I'm only syncing the updates so I only changed the
"updates-released" server in my yum.conf.

The only odd behavior that I have is that my systems were previously
pointed at the default yum servers and I had run updated them via yum
a few days ago.  After doing the rsync and apache change and the
yum.conf change and re-running yum check-update, I get many many
packages which say that they need to be updated.  One on box I
performed the update (yum -y update) and rebooted and everything seems
to be fine.  But I'm a little confused why it wanted to update them at
all.

Thanks in advance for any insight and thanks to George for the
instructions for setting up a local server.

Greg