[WBEL-users] Samba and print queues/printing

Nigel Kendrick nigel.kendrick@petdoctors.co.uk
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:38:41 +0100

I have a Tosh laser accessible for Windows 2K clients via samba/cups on
my WBEL server.

Printing is fine from Windows PCs except that if you look at the print
queue it shows old jobs as if they were still in the queue - sometimes
stretching back several days - at the moment, the Tosh allegedly has 93
jobs waiting.

As a side issue I had an Epson Stylus C62 setup on the Linux server too
- this worked fine until a month or so ago and now print jobs from
Windows clients just go nowhere. The printer was originally setup on a
USB port but I've now moved it to a parallel port. I seem to recall that
maybe a Samba update came down via yum at around this time but can't be
sure.

Both the Tosh and The Epson print OK from the Linux world.

Ideas?

Thanks