[WBEL-users] amavisd-new error

Paul Pianta pantz@lqt.ca
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:36:43 -0400

Plug n Play wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>

> I’m trying to install amavisd-new but errors came out. How can I
> install this
>
> Perl Modules?
>

> I cannot use #perl -MCPAN -e shell because outgoing ftp is block in
> our firewall
>

> Below are the errors produce when I tried installing amavisd
>

> Thank you,
>
> Marc

Hey Marc

The best way to solve all of the dependency errors that you are seeing
here is to add the 'dag' yum repository for el3 to your yum.conf and
then try -

yum install amavisd-new-20030616

With the entire dag repository available to yum - it will pull in all
those other needed packages and install them as dependencies. I'm not
sure why the amavisd-new-20030616 package has sooo many dependencies ...
but there's not much you can do about it when you depend on external yum
repositories :)

If you are not sure on how to use yum - repost and we will help you out

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!