[WBEL-users] cups / samba printing issues

Daniel J. Summers danieljs@knology.net
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:21:27 -0500

kpapp@gi.alaska.edu wrote:

>Can you connect to a shared folder on your XP box from your WBEL machine?  I
>was
>having problems with samba until I made both user names the same.  Did you
>configure your /etc/samba/smb.conf file properly?

Yes, I can connect to a share, and the job spools to the XP box just
fine.  I went back and looked, and the line "printing = cups" was
commented out in my /etc/samba/smb.conf.  I uncommented it, restarted
the smb service, but still no joy.

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	danieljs@knology.net <mailto:danieljs@knology.net>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++