[WBEL-users] Tape System and yum

Randy Kelsoe randykel@swbell.net
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:09:43 -0500

Michael Falzon wrote:

> look at the update server popt-1.8.2-10 so why is yum not updating
> this ? do i have to force install the update ???
>
> /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron:
>
> Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package rpm needs popt = 1.8.1, this is not available.
> Package rpm needs popt = 1.8.1, this is not available.

It would help to know where your yum.conf is pointed and getting its
updates.

> I have seen some post about this but not sure how it was fixed ....
>
>>[root@mfs root]# mt -f /dev/st0 status
>>/dev/st0: No such device or address
>>
>cat
>

>>[root@mfs root]# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
>>Attached devices: none
>>
> doing a lsmod i at see the scsi files are loaded ....
>
>>[root@mfs root]# lsmod
>>Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted
>>sg                     35468   0  (autoclean)
>>st                     30436   0  (autoclean)
>>scsi_mod              103144   2  [sg st]

There should be a module loaded for your scsi adapter, and it's not
there. My output shows:

scsi_mod              105896   5  [sg sr_mod ide-scsi aic7xxx sd_mod]

> doing a pci list
>
>>00:08.0 SCSI storage controller: Advanced System Products, Inc ABP940-U / ABP960-U (rev 03)

Try a:

modprobe advansys

it that works, try adding the line:

alias scsi_hostadapter advansys