[WBEL-users] Whitebox and kernel 2.6.x

Luis Hernán Otegui Luis Hernán Otegui
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:11:26 -0300

Hi, people, this is my first mail to the list. I'm going to install
WBEL on a brand new server, and I was wandering about the stability of
the 2.6.x series of kernels. Has anyone put something like this in
production? I've been reading about the major improvements 2.6 has to
offer, and personally I have been running the 2.6.6 over Debian on a
OpenMosix cluster (via ClusterKnoppix), but I need to know how to
upgrade a RedHat-style installation to some 2.6.x-smp kernel, so I
could install WBEL and do the upgrade
I've been browsing throug the mailing list archives, and found an old
thread, but it died before someone confirmed theye successfully
installed the 2.6 kernel, and proved it stable enough for a production
environment.
I guess WBEL doesn't support XFS from scratch, so I will need to
install the system on EXT3 and then have the partitions converted to
SGI's FS.
Thanks in advance, any feedback will be very well received.

Luis
GNU-GPL: "May The Source Be With You...