[WBEL-users] dualboot Suse 8.1

John Lowry jal@eskimo.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:15:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all.

I'm trying to dualboot with Suse 8.1.

First I installed WhiteBox and got it running.

Then I installed Suse 8.1, and got it running.

The setup is
	hda2: white box
	hda3: swap
	hda5: suse

Then I modified Suse's grub file menu.lst to point to the
WB partition.

Suse still comes up fine.  WB comes up, but attempts to check
hda5 during boot.  It gives the following:

Checking filesystems
fsck.ext3/dev/hda5:
filesystem. blah-blah-blah

Not surprising, as it's an ext3 filesystem.  Trying to mount the disk from
WB complains that the reiser filesystem modules aren't available.

I don't really need to get to the Suse partition from WB, so how do I get
it to ignore hda5 when booting?

Thanks,
John