[WBEL-users] CVS

bishop bishop@platypus.bc.ca
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:39:26 -0700

Chris,

That's odd, as 'cvs -d /home/cvs init' I think is what I'm doing in my
RPM.  I usually install that via:

	apt-get install user-account-cvs

Usually that's not even installed by hand, but included in a virtual
RPM's dependencies and so grabbed on the way by (apt-get install
build-box, for instance).  Tested on the old (ol311) to the new (FC2 and
WBEL) . Forget where I have it installed.  Requires cvsonly and cvs.

Hmm. I lied.  It's:

> cvs -d ~cvs init ; chown -R cvs.cvs ~cvs/CVSROOT

Ya don't need the CVSROOT=crap on the first go, do ya really?  Does it
misbehave otherwise?  I'd test it myself, but hte package I use to drop
in the cvsroot= into profile.d will rip out other stuff, and it's toooo
late for me to even think of messing with my boxen.

  - bish