[WBEL-users] Strange email behavior

Benedikt Carda ml at two-wings.net
Fri Apr 1 00:37:05 CST 2005

Hey,

two possibilities: yourolddomain.com is still in
/etc/mail/local-host-names or there is still a DNS entry (and especially
the MX entry) pointing at your server. You can check which nameservers
your server uses by looking at /etc/resolv.conf. Then check whether
these servers still have the zone file of the old domain active, e.g. by
nslookup (I know it is deprecated but I still like it):
nslookup myolddomain.com ns1.mynameserver.com

If you still get your server's IP as a result, you know where you have
to search (at these nameservers).

Best Regards,
Benedikt.