[WBEL-users] Replacement for imapd?

Benjamin Smith lists at benjamindsmith.com
Tue Apr 5 22:21:18 CDT 2005

I'm using sendmail/Imapd as configured by default so that email resides on the
server and is backed up.

However, we're heavy email users, and parsing a 100 MB mail spool file is
starting to whale the tar out of our itty bitty mail server.

What recommendations do you have to replace the default imapd for imap
support? Something with better performance, decent compatability, and that
doesn't stop me from backing up email easily to tape or disk2disk....

-Ben
--
"I kept looking around for somebody to solve the problem.
Then I realized I am somebody"