[WBEL-users] Investigating a kernel panic

Simone simone72 at email.it
Tue Apr 12 05:14:45 CDT 2005

Thanks. It doesn't happen on a certain particular date, it can be 15
days as well as 27. It happened this mornign around 9:20, I can check.
It is updated, just missing latest perl and perl related packages, mysql
packages, initscripts, popt, krb5 libs, XFree  latest updates. In the
the server was often updated to get the latest rpms, but that didn't
solve this issue. This is the part of /var/log/messages when it happened:

Apr 12 09:41:41 fbcromsrvms last message repeated 13 times
Apr 12 08:55:15 fbcromsrvms syslogd 1.4.1: restart.
Apr 12 08:55:15 fbcromsrvms syslog: syslogd startup succeeded
Apr 12 08:55:15 fbcromsrvms kernel: klogd 1.4.1, log source = /proc/kmsg
started.

Very strange the time going back one hour. Now it is running a cron net
time sync with ntp server.

Thanks again,
Simone