[WBEL-users] Investigating a kernel panic

Simone simone72 at email.it
Tue Apr 12 09:12:17 CDT 2005

The room is conditioned, we have many HP DL380 in the same room as well
as cisco firewalls, routers etc, the temperature is mainteined constant,
and they're not suffering heat. It is pretty cool in there actually :)
The machine is a Desktop PC, Compaq 42xx can't remember now the number,
with addiction of scsi card Adaptec 19160 and the mentioned HD.
I would exclude the hardware possibility, since the two machine are
completely different, but I am considering very carefully the heat.
There's not enough room in the PC so the 2 HD are really close (less
than 10 mm one from the other), that's probably the reason for the 59°C,
and yes it was put togheter by someone with those parts added.......me,
actually :)
In the previus install though, the disks where working around 45°C, in a
tower PC, so there was enough airflow, and in the same conditioned room.

I am now going to monitor the temperature of the two disks, and will try
to position them in a better way, to permit a better heat dissipation,
and possibly will try to find more info on the system at panic time,
even if it looks like a hard task.

Really thak you for all your help and suggestions. Any other hint very
appreciated.

Simone