[WBEL-users] Investigating a kernel panic

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:44:51 CDT 2005

On Apr 12, 2005 7:30 AM, Simone <simone72 at email.it> wrote:
>  Thanks for all the replies. I performed a smartctl -a test and it looks ok,
> despite /dev/sda is 59°C pretty close to the Drive Trip Temperature 60 °C.

Wow - how about heat as the cause?  Is this in a cooled cabinet?  Was
it provided by a reputable system integrator or is it  "white box
server" (i.e. put together by someone who purchased random
components)?

What is the environment you are in?  Warm?  Cool?  Is there good
airflow around the machine?  Does it tend to go down on hot days
and/or times when the A/C is off?

Greg