Fwd: [WBEL-users] #whitebox channel on Freenode

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 17:05:04 CDT 2005

Donavan,

Can you comment on this?

Greg

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Holbrook <JHolbrook at valleyfirst.com>
Date: Apr 18, 2005 10:39 AM
Subject: [WBEL-users] #whitebox channel on Freenode
To: whitebox-users at beau.org

If somebody has already posted about this I apologize but I was on
freenode today and happened to notice a channel called #whitebox.

I was quite surprised to enter the channel and find the following:

Topic for #whitebox is http://www.centos.org is officially launched |
wbel to CentOS migration guide available here:
http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=19

The channel appears to be full of bots that just want to slam whitebox linux:

<wombat> centos good, whitebox bad

<donavan> maybe whitebox is a pathetic weak distro?

etc etc.

I haven't been that active on this mailing list but whats going on
here? I was actually thinking of trying out centos but I think I'll
stay with whitebox.  Not that impressed with that sort of attitude and
cheap shots.