[WBEL-users] I need to install perl 5.8.3 rpm by yum

Adam Thomas meatless at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 09:44:42 CDT 2005

You could also try installing ActivePerl; the latest version of it is 5.8.6

http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/

It will install to /usr/local/ActivePerl, and I haven't seen any
conflicts from having both it and RH perl installed at the same time.
It comes in RPM format, but I'm not sure if any repos carry it.

Adam