[WBEL-users] Process CPU Binding

Adam Dixon adixon at adam.com.au
Thu Aug 4 22:15:11 CDT 2005

This is probably not a WBEL question, however I am running WBEL on a
number of servers that run a process of heavy cpu use, where I am told
that binding it to a particular cpu may provide a performance increase
due to being no delay in deciding which cpu to process on during it
running.

So is it possible to bind a process to a particular CPU on an SMP dual
cpu system (x86). Say lock the process id to cpu0 and then another
process id to cpu1.

Anyone who can provide information on if this is possible.

Adam