[WBEL-users] DB4 updates break MAN applications

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Fri Aug 12 10:18:51 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 23:00, John Morris wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 10:59, Edward Rudd wrote:
> > I installed the DB4 updates (db4-4.1.25-8.1.WB1) to my servers (finally)
> > this past weekend and they, well, blew up EVERYTHING.
>
> Hmm.  Ok, we need more information.  Is this an isolated incident or
> something wrong in a very important package?  I don't use the packages
> that are failing, but I don't think any of them are java based.  And
> since that is the only KNOWN problem with db4 on WBEL3 I'm worried a
> bit.

cyrus-imapd is a C application, amavisd-new is perl (using perl-DB) and
clamav is a C application.  But all use DB4 extensively.  I'm going to
pull down the spec files from the two releases and see what I can note
about what changed and find a solution.

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/