[WBEL-users] [SOLVED] DB4 updates break MAN applications

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Fri Aug 12 20:57:20 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 10:18, Edward Rudd wrote:
[snip]

> cyrus-imapd is a C application, amavisd-new is perl (using perl-DB) and
> clamav is a C application.  But all use DB4 extensively.  I'm going to
> pull down the spec files from the two releases and see what I can note
> about what changed and find a solution.

I have solved the problem!  On line 3527 in env/env_open.c is where the
DB_PRIVATE error is being triggered from.  This is due to the
HAVE_MUTEX_THREADS_ONLY define being set.  This define is being set
because only pthreads is available..  IE.. you don't have nptl-devel
installed on your holy build box.

I installed nptl-devel on my build box and rebuild db4 and it compiled
and worked fine.

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/