[WBEL-users] WBEL 4 Updates

Cris Rhea crhea at mayo.edu
Fri Aug 12 11:06:53 CDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 10:03:41AM +0100, Will McDonald wrote:

> Due to an oversight Yum wasn't installed by WBEL4 by default and when
> installed by hand from the CD using rpm -i the yum.conf distroverpkg
> line pointed to /etc/redhat-release which wasn't provided by
> whitebox-release IIRC.
>
> Solution, install the yum RPM (off the 4th CD I think?) then switch
> the distroverpkg line to point to /etc/whitebox-release and that
> should sort it.
>
> Will.

The issues I saw went deeper than what you describe....

I'm using the x86_64 version of WBEL4....

-- Loaded yum from CD4.
-- Fixed the distroverpkg line in yum.conf.
-- Fixed the repository name in the /etc/yum.repos.d directory.

Yum runs, but finds no updates ("No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion").

If I manually FTP to one of the mirror sites and look in the
updates/x86_64 directory, there are clearly packages more recent than
what's installed on my system.

I can manually FTP down the packages and "rpm -F" just fine.

I've spent a couple hours searching the 'net for this issue, but have
come up blank.

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea                     Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility             Pavilion 2-25