[WBEL-users] Grub install on an IDE Hard Disk

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:24:55 CDT 2005

Hi, i have a Dell poweredge (very old) server that only boots from SCSI hard
disks. It uses WB3 respin 2.
Now I added an IDE disk and everytime I boot i only get a "grub>" command
line. I think I have tried to reinstall the MBR portion without success. It
seems that my Dell system is trying to boot from the IDEs first. I have no
BIOS option to force boot from the SCSIs.
 What is the procedure to move the bootloader to the IDE and then point to
my /dev/sda5 to boot?
 Thanks,