[WBEL-users] Yum config for x86_64?

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Fri Aug 26 18:42:55 CDT 2005

Hi All,

I hope I'm not missing something obvious here (tail-end of a long day)
but with the following yum.conf:

-begin-

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=whitebox-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
retries=20
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d
[base]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=ftp://mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/mirror/whiteboxlinux.org/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/
[updates-released]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=ftp://mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/mirror/whiteboxlinux.org/$releasever/en/updates/

-end-

if I:

1) Go to install a particular package (i.e. yum install kernel-devel) it
will select BOTH the x86_64 package and the i686 package even though
exactarch=1.

2) If I do a yum -y update it will report "No Packages marked for
Update/Obsoletion" although I can see that the repository does indeed
have updates that can be applied to the system (e.g. system is running
2.6.9-5.EL and kernel-2.6.9-5.0.5.EL.x86_64.rpm is available in the
repository and there is no exclude in yum.conf).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

--
Jason Becker