[WBEL-users] IBM SATA drivers AARICH

Troy Mortimer t.mortimer at sagetechnology.com.au
Mon Dec 5 22:57:53 CST 2005

I am trying to install a x306 IBM server with WBEL 4, the default
ata_piix driver loads by default.

I have search IBM's website and they suggest using

linux dd noprobe then use Redhat driver disk

I have contacted IBM about the correct driver and they pointed me to

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=psg1MIGR-61862

I have tried this driver and get the following error "NO DEVICES OF THE
appropriate type were found on this driver disk would you like to
manually select the driver"

When I manually select the driver I can now see the Adaptec AARICH. But
then tells me no HD's found.

What could the problem be? Is it because the driver is written
specifically for the Redhat Kernel and if so how do I create a driver
for whitebox

Thanks Troy