[WBEL-users] 2 addresses on a NIC and default route problem

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Feb 1 07:10:18 CST 2005

I have two addresses on my NIC.

The first is the final address for the system, but without a default
gateway. I did this to get BIND set right, while running the system on a
test subnet. Oh and this is a public address.

The second address is from my 1918 RFC, and it has a default gateway.

After reboot, there is no default route.

I did not know what to do, so I added a 0.0.0.0 route to the second
address, pointed to the gateway.

This worked.

Then I rebooted, and no default route.

I deactiviated the second address, then reactivated it and the default
route showed up.

?????