[WBEL-users] Prevent users from shutdown

Ganeshram Iyer ganeshramiyer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 10:53:52 CST 2005

Hello all,
I am running a WBEL 3.0 as a SMB, HTTP, SSH, HTTPS server and is the
only linux box in the lab. I have this one user who occassionally
needs to use a program that only runs on linux OS and once done with
his work has a bad habit of shutting down the machine instead of just
logging off. Result: NO SERVER. I have spoken to the user but it does
not help. Is there a way to ensure that the Shutdown/Restart options
are taken out from the Log Off Dialog box (Gnome desktop that came
with the CDs). Also is there a way to take these options off the
Log-in screen?

Thanks in advance
Ganesh