[WBEL-users] Centos contacted by RedHat legal team

Joel Barrios Dueñas jbarrios at linuxparatodos.net
Sat Feb 12 12:46:10 CST 2005

Acccording to the letter sent from Red Hat legal team to CenOS people,
CenOS website did used, in some manner, Red Hat Logos and trademark even
as metatags inte HTML of their website, this is, they did what White Box
did not. White Box Linux website has no Red Hat Logo anyware (as fas as I
have reached), neither in any package from the distribution, neither has
the red hat trademark included within the HTML code, and properly quotes
Red Hat trademarks belonging to Red Hat. .

> This is only a heads up.  I am not a CentOS developer and i do
> not know if RedHat will bother Whitebox at all.
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=66
> --
> My "Foundation" verse:
> Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
> and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou
> shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
> and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
>
> -- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
> CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)
>
> Linux user #322099
> Machines: