[WBEL-users] Post Installation Problem with display

Steve Thomason stephenthomason at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 09:23:15 CST 2005

I installed from the cd's I burned with no problem.  I then used the update
tool to download and install all the updates.  On rebooting, part of the
login box was invisible and my user name would not enter.  I could use the
mouse to navigate, but none of the menus would give me characters.

The only thing that I did change was to reduce the color depth to 16 bit
after the initial installation and before updating and rebooting.
Everything seemed to work fine until the reboot.

I have reinstalled and am apprehensive about updating the installation.

Any suggestions, please?  Thanks