[WBEL-users] UPS

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Fri Feb 25 18:15:54 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 09:01, Benedikt Carda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can anybody recommend a UPS system that is capable of shutting down
> several Whitebox-Linux servers if power fails? In fact I am looking for
> an UPS for two small servers each having around 150 watts at 230 volts.
> I want them to shut down as soon as power fails. I first looked at
> systems from APC but they only have very little to offer in this case.

NUT software will do this  http://www.networkupstools.org/, and it will
monitor a wide variety of UPS hardware devices. I've used NUT on APCs
only though as I trust on APCs reliability.

If you would like WBEL3 RPMS for Nut, I do have them built, as I use
this software on all of my WBEL servers for monitoring the UPS's (though
with my setup each machine has their own UPS, no shared UPS's
currently.)

[snip]

> This together would cost me more than 1000 Euros and they still can
> not guarantee that it works as their software does not officially
> support Red Hat Linux.

I never had much luck with APC's powerchute software, which is why I
found NUT and started using that.

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/