[WBEL-users] How can I speed up sendmail

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling at birddog.com
Fri Feb 25 18:45:34 CST 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 07:38:36PM -0500, Lewis Culbertson wrote:
> When my computer starts, send mail takes an unusual long time to load.
> Also when I send mail, it takes forever to send.
>
> How can I fix this problem?

Well, without more information it's hard to know.  Sendmail takes "a
while" on my machine.  One thing I have noticed is that sendmail
takes even longer if DNS is having problems.  I've noticed that
sendmail is fairly sensitive to DNS name lookup problems in general.
It might be that you have DNS problems in general, or have issues
where something simple, like reverse lookups for the IP you are
using doesn't work.

I'd need more information to be more specific then that.

	Kirby