[WBEL-users] Re: Two (hopefully) quick new install Q's

Denis Croombs denis@just-servers.co.uk
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:20:55 -0000

>>Bob Mariotti wrote:
>>> We have TWO issues that we cannot seem to overcome.
>>> 1) we have installed VSFTP and made sure the appropriate VSFTP file
>>>is
>>> present in the xinetd.d directory.  However, when we try to ftp to
>>>the
>>> WBEL box we receive the infamous 10061 msg stating Connection
>>>Refused.
>>>  We DO have our IP's properly defined in the /etc/hosts.allow file
>>>but
>>> still nothing.
>>>Wild assed guess would be that firewalling is turned.

>>I have found the same problem even with NO firewall in place, this is on
>>2
>>different servers.

>>Any clues ?

>Two suggestions: one make sure vsftpd actually is running, and then check
the vsftpd.conf file in /etc/vsftpd to make >sure it is configured properly.

>As I recall, vsftpd is not automatically turned on at boot with the
out-of-the-box settings.  Use chkconfig to change if >necessary.

Yes I have already checked on both systems that is is running, on 1 system
you can login but cannot PUT any file, It just times out on the client, but
can see NO errors in any of the logs, and that is the thing that is
confusing me.
I have been checking the config file, but would welcome a working file from
someone.

Thanks

Denis

---